Saturday, March 19, 2011

When you pat on your own shoulder!



Have you ever told that ,you pat your shoulder and tell yourself to move on ? Well I have . And I have also noticed that no matter how hard I pat myself  and how many number of times I repeat to people that I do that , I just can't move on . One doesn't need to pat on ones own shoulder in success and when a good deed is done. Some one else will do that . But when that some one else is taking time to recognize your good deed  then your mind will do that or your heart will do that and the result of such feeling is the smile on your face . The very same smile that comes to your eyes and then spreads to your lips .

But what about the time when you really need some one to encourage you ? What about the time you can not show your good deed to people and yet you need encouragement , a warm pat on your shoulder? What about the time when you have lost some thing or some one ? What about the time when you feel you just can't move on and live another day ?

I think when one says , "I pat on my shoulder and tell myself to move on" , it is about these times they talk about. Well obviously since no one wants to move on from success or happiness .

So in your sadness have you ever tried to encourage yourself ? And were you successful. In my case I was never successful in stuff like moving on , on my own. The only reason I moved on from certain things is that I did not want to stay longer. As staying longer at that point of life and feeling the loss every day made me sicker. I choose some diversions initially and then as time passes by one fine morning I would realize that I have already moved on .Self patting in other word never helped me much .
What is moving on then?  When one says that he had moved on and he doesn't want to look back , do you agree that he has actually moved on? Well I don't . Moving on in my opinion means making yourself capable to visit that same point of your life again , after many years and look at it with a completely different and very positive perspective. Past is like shadow . Can you get rid of your shadow. Even the shadow is not of same size in whole day . It keeps changing . So does one's life . You have ups and downs which would turn into your past  eventually . How can you get rid of sad moments and defeats in your life with out loosing the finer and beautiful days. Unless you have lapses in your memory it is not possible. People who say it is possible , ask me , I am better experienced. I might be wrong too. Who knows ! If you don't like your shadow short as during afternoon , can you get rid of it and again have the evening shadow which you love most? One can only get rid of shadow if one stays in a dark room.

Events of life are linked to each other . Some times their sequence is very visible and some times you will not notice it until you start recollecting them .

That's how I realized that time is the best medicine for all emotional worries . But I will never stop patting myself and so you don't.

Vibha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by . Comments help me to write better . Please do share your opinions and experiences.I could use a friend in this search of serendipity.