Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sawariyan Sawariyan......

Barish aayi Baarish Aayi
Cham Cham Cham
Lekar chatha nikle
Pair fisal gaya girgaye hum 
Ooper Chata neeche hum

:D

remember this kindergarten poem ........
Saawan ka mausam , Rain is the most refreshing thing of the Creation . After summer so hot it is a bliss to have rain. I remember how much I wanted it to rain. Every summer it goes the same way. Hot sun makes us doubt whether it is going to rain at all.
Oh yeah one advantage of summer is starry skies, beautiful moon and terrace turned into bedroom . Yeah its a beautiful feeling to sleep under open sky . Its a feeling that you are so tiny in this universe .Some thing overpowers you. You feel like your thoughts and tensions are directly being heard by god. I believe in god. But when I lie down to sleep under a star studded sky , I feel that the sky itself is my god. So majestic.I go to sleep every summer night after being consoled by nature. The winds are so soothing that you feel as if your prayers are being answered. As if all your tensions would be lifted one day . After that much assurance anybody could sleep a dreamless sleep.

And in the morning, the sun is stubborn as always. After all that is summer, his season. He wakes you up as early as five o clock and he doesn't allow you to sleep further.
Every day in summer I felt bad that we could not afford AC. But the only way I convinced my self is I am doing a good thing to environment. Well how many actually can afford one. May be many , if AC is their first priority . But people like me can't because AC is not at all in my list of priorities . I have many important things to do. I will always have. When ever my parents get desperate with the heat , I tell them that having an AC will only cause more harm to the climate.

Hmmmmmmm.....
I know I know I am being a nerd.

So, the only wish, one like me has, during summer is a wish for rain. Well it feels good too when it rains. Suddenly the Lassi prices drop and the Chai prices raise and there is this corn-wala cooking corn in some street corner . Oh my what a scene it is to see the vapors coming out of the corn in a rain. And what a taste it is to have a warm corn while watching the rain.

If you notice even the milk appears diluted. Who knows the milk man might have just opened the lid to his milk can in the heavy rain so that he can add more water.
Oh yeah there is the threat of many diseases but give it a break naa. When there are so many colorful and brighter things about life , why look at the gloomier side. May be I will dedicate some other post to the failure of governments in curbing diseases . Not this.

In rain, every flower seems to be smiling at you . Saawan ka mausam hai bhai! But my heart aches to have a garland of jasmines , which are the flowers of summer. Bawara mann isn't it. It always wants things which are not available at the moment. In that madness it refuses to appreciate the beauty of many hundreds of flowers present around. Flowers of rain.

Well I want to be different this year. So I go on capturing the beauty of rain.

Here is my first picture of this Saawan . Our garden and its roses. And above is the fabric painting I have done . A painting of Roses



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by . Comments help me to write better . Please do share your opinions and experiences.I could use a friend in this search of serendipity.